The interest of the modern Civilized world on the wisdom of the ancient eastern Chinese herbal remedy as a complementary or alternative therapy is rising and gaining popularity due to the holistic approach, emphasis on quality of life and prevention of illness by strengthening and restoring the body’s immunity mechanism.
Creating a strong immune system is crucial for that body to acknowledge and eliminate cancerous cells. Cancer is really a disease resulting from uncontrolled defective cell division from damaged genes from any areas of the body. A weaker or impaired immunity will increase your susceptibility to various bacterial and virus infection, allergies, eczema, chronic fatigue, sickness and aging prematurely also.
Modern advanced technology and scientific research have helped to unlock the various preventive and healing secrets in Chinese herbs.
Background of Ancient Herbal Remedy – Reishi (Ganoderma Lucidum) – is actually a mushroom frequently used in traditional Chinese medicine and traditional Japanese medicine. In Japan it is actually called Mannetake meaning ‘thousand year mushroom’.
Its Chinese name is Lingzhi which suggests “herb in the spirit”. It had been an extremely rare and precious Chinese herb in ancient time and Emperors of the great Chinese dynasties and Japanese royalty drank teas and concoctions of Lingzhi for vitality and long life.
For over 2000 years Reishi Spore Powder has been by far the most cherished and desired medicinal herb in Asia and rated among the superior herbs inside the “Seng Nong’s Herbal Classic”, a 2000-year-old medicinal Chinese book for:
* its efficacy for multiple diseases
* maintaining and restoring balance for the body’s interdependent systems
* safety in long-term consumption without any unfavorable side-effects
* natural resistance in the body and longevity
The dried powder of reishi was popular as a cancer chemotherapy agent in ancient China. Research has revealed that reishi clearly demonstrated anticancer activity with cancer cells and it has possible therapeutic potential as a health supplement to have an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer.
Medicinal mushrooms such as Ganoderma Lucidum (Reishi) and Cordyceps have well been documented in many recent research studies to be potent medicine to boost and secure the body’s immune function from certain compounds in them including polysaccharides which increase the activity of the body’s natural killer cells(lymphocytes) which are vital to get rid of foreign cells(such as cancer cells).
Supporting research reports published inside the Journal of Alternative Complement Med. 2003, Journal of Cancer Integrative Medicine 2004, International Journal of Oncology 2004, FASEB 2004 demonstrated that He Shou Wu Extract clearly:
* demonstrates anticancer activity in experiments with cancer cells
* protects the liver and improves liver functions
* has possible therapeutic potential as a dietary supplement for an alternative therapy for breast and prostate cancer
Health And Fitness Benefits of Reishi(Ganoderma Lucidum):
* supports the body’s own immunity mechanism by promoting the action of antibodies
* improves the body’s effectiveness against stress and infections
* balances stress response
* reduces allergies
* promotes healthy liver function
* enhances the body’s detoxifying process to off load toxins
* inhibits invasiveness of breast and prostate cancer cells
* supports a typical, restful sleep
* enhances vitality as well as
Tips to choose the Best Reishi
* choose red reishi – it provides the very best quality extract and contains most scientific evaluations
* choose those with cracked spores – which release the medicinal benefits and much better absorbed by body
* wood log cultivation – this determines the potency of hyazxb resulting fungus
* search for Good Manufacturing Practice(GMP) standards – this ensures the stability of Agaricus Blazei Extract active bio-components harvested
* standardization of active constituents – the effectiveness of reishi lies in their polysaccharides and triterpenes contents
Many commercial preparations can be found, such as extracts, nutritional supplement, tinctures, dried fruiting bodies, teas and teabags, tonics and pills.